Our Terms and Conditions
Devoncourt Brixham Holidays are provided by Devoncoast Ltd & Devoncourt Ltd, 85 Berryhead Road, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 9AB.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions, as agreed to at the time of booking:
- A contract between you and Devoncoast Ltd, and/or its subsidiary companies, will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.*
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 per week [short breaks fifty pounds] is payable to secure your booking. By paying a deposit you are agreeing to all our terms and conditions whatsoever.
- The balance must be paid before occupying your flat. Payments by credit or debit card, BACS, cash or cheque are acceptable. However, cheque payments must be made at least 14 days in advance of your holiday to allow for funds to clear.
- If you have provided credit or debit card details to secure your booking, we reserve the right to debit the balance to that card on your date of arrival even if you do not turn up.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday at any stage after your booking is confirmed then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 21 days prior to the holiday, and we are unable to re-let your accommodation, we will charge you the full amount that you agreed to at the time of your booking, and will charge this amount to any credit or debit card that you used to secure your booking.
- We strongly advise that you take out a travel insurance policy that includes cover for any payments that you are obliged to make in the event of having to cancel your holiday. The above terms apply to any cancellation by you, regardless of the reason.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us. We reserve the right to change the accommodation booked to similar accommodation at any time without notice or penalty.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number agreed to at the time of your booking and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- Discounts. Occasionally were offer discounts. Only one discount may be claimed per booking at the time of placing your deposit. Discounts are not available to Booking.com customers and other web promoters and Mini Breaks. Discounts can be withdrawn at a moments notice. Your price is fixed at the time of placing your deposit.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes, security, or any other purpose deemed necessary, and on the grounds of Health and Safety.
- Tenancies normally commence at 12.30 unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 09.30 on the day of departure.
- Allergies. we do not have any feather pillow or duvets. We cannot guarantee our apartments and contents are allergy free.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises (apart from your own balcony) will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by or smoking will be at your expense. Please test your smoke detector daily and report immediately any failure.
- BBQ Sorry due to the fire risk we do not allow BBQ’s anywhere on the premises-site.
- No naked flames or portable gas or oil heaters are permitted.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Management reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition, minimum fifty pounds.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you, minimum fifty pounds.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available subject to technical availability. The wifi must not be used for any immoral or obscene downloads or viewing, and can only be used while you are in occupation of the apartment..
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, or grounds.
- All inventory [articles and items] must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation, and eject any person/s for unreasonable, or unsocial behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
*Flats 1, 6 and 7 are privately owned. Devoncoast Ltd acts solely as a booking agent for these properties and takes no responsibility for the contents or condition of theses flats whatsoever..
Read our Access Statement.
ADDITIONAL GUEST INFORMATION
- Check in from 12:00
Check out 9:30
If you arrive early, or would like to spend more time locally after check-out, we would be more than happy to hold on to your luggage securely, until your return.
- Photo ID: We will require Photo ID and proof of your address on arrival. Persons coming from outside the UK will be required to produce a full Passport
- On departure: we would be very grateful if you could empty bins, strip beds, clean dirty dishes etc, leaving the flat in a clean and orderly fashion, as you found it. Thank you. We award a ‘super clean’ voucher to guest who do this, which entitles them to free towel and linen hire on their next visit!
- Vacuum cleaners are available on each landing and general cleaning products are provided under your sink.
- Cleanliness: As you check-in you will be showed around your apartment; by doing this we can check and verify the cleanliness and the maintenance of the rooms and in the common areas. We are very meticulous and serious about this, so if you ever notice something to fix, please let us know!
- Although you are on holiday, you may like to know that laundry facilities are available on site! A washing machine and tumble drier (with slot payments) are available on the ground floor, plus irons and ironing boards are also available!
- Security: Please remember to lock the doors and close the windows when you leave your apartment unoccupied, and switch of hot water immersion heaters.
- Electricity: is by a £1 slot or card meter. The meter is in in the airing cupboard, in your hallway. Most customers find around £2-3 per day. is adequate.
- Hot Water: The water is heated by electricity. Beware the water can get very hot.
- Shower: The shower is heated by electricity. Test the temperature of the water by hand before entering the Shower. Do not use the cooker and the shower at the same time. Do not flush the toilet of turn on a tap while using the shower. Beware this can make the water very very hot.
- Car Parking: One space is allocated per apartment. A parking sticker must be displayed at all times. Please let the office know your vehicle registration number. Motorhomes and vans are not permitted. Management accept no responsibility for damage or loss or injury, no matter how caused, to vehicles, or their contents, or to pedestrians using one of our three car parks or drives. Vehicles are parked at Owners Risk.
- Boats/Bikes: Please let us know if you would like to bring any leisure equipment – we will try to accommodate this within the car park.
- ELEVENOCLOCK: Out of respect to other holiday makers, please keep all noise to an absolute minimum after eleven o’clock!
- Seagulls: Although a quintessential part of your seaside holidays, they should not be encouraged! Please do not feed the seagulls, they can be dangerous when seeing a chip, a pasty or an ice-cream cone!
- Balconies: If you’re spending time on the beach, or in the pool, we appreciate that you may wish to dry your swimsuits and towels after use, however we respectfully ask that towels and wetsuits are not hung over the balcony railings. A washing Machine and Tumble dryer are available in the Launderette.